The Trust’s constitution sets out the objectives and purposes of the Trust, how the Trust is managed, the responsibilities of the trustees and the rights of the members.
The Trust’s purposes are the criteria which establish the Trust’s charitable status.
- The advancement of citizenship or community development.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended.
The Trust’s objectives are a narrower set of criteria setting out what the Trust intends to do within its overall purposes.
- To manage community halls, land and associated assets for the benefit of the Auchtermuchty community and the public in general.
- To provide or improve, or assist in providing or improving, recreational and sporting facilities.
- To advance citizenship or community development
- To advance heritage through preserving for public benefit the historical, architectural and constructional heritage.